Reviews of Evita Bezuidenhout and the Kaktus of Separate Development in Durban —
Pieter-Dirk Uys does it again — Evita is back in Durban in fine form, pulling no
– Caroline Smart, artSMart, 4 November 2017
Uys remains a master of his craft. He spares no prisoners — everyone and everything
gets a shake or a rattle as he rolls out the punches with a sly smile and a twinkle
in his eye.
– Billy Suter, sosuterbill.com, 2 November 2017
Reviews of Evita Bezuidenhout and the Kaktus of Separate Development in Cape Town
— June 2017
Mordant satire, insightful political comment, brilliant topicality and whimsical,
but intelligent humour — Uys at his ebullient best.
– Beverley Brommert, Cape Argus, 27 June 2017
Pieter-Dirk is on top form, a positive breathe of fresh air.
– Karen Rutter, Weekend Special, 24 June 2017
This Tannie will make you think, and think again!
– Barbara Loots, Theatre Scene Cape Town, 26 June 2017
Evita’s’s back in top form, sharp-witted and tenacious as ever, bubbling with barbed
lines. ... Another hilarious foray into our cultural spectrum.
– Benn Van Der Westhuizen, What’s on in Cape Town, 29 June 2017
Reviews of Evita Bezuidenhout and the Kaktus of Separate Development in Johannesburg
— May 2017
**** Just when you thought that Pieter-Dirk Uys couldn’t get funnier or more topical,
or even sharper, along comes this. ... an absolute treasure. The show is brilliant!
– Leon van Nierop, Artslink, 26 May 2017
Evita continues playing court jester with as much pizzazz and elegance as she’s
done for over twenty years. But today, her bite is even sharper, and her focus more
– Robyn Sassen, My View, 26 May 2017
Evita’s as sharp and perceptive as ever.
– Jennifer de Klerk, Artslink, 29 May 2017
With the latest satirical pricks, to the latest political scandals blossoming around
the world, Evita Bezuidenhout turns the mirror to South Africa with a subtle reflexivity
that will light you up with laughter but break your heart all at the same time.