(additional interviews can be found in the Archives)
Pieter-Dirk Uys: Why I like Joburg hugely
– I Am Joburg, 6 April 2018
1. It’s not Pretoria
2. I can always enjoy Johannesburg knowing I can go back to Cape Town.
3. People answer your calls within minutes; Cape Town take months.
4. It is a truly African City with unapologetic Eurocentric accessories.
5. It has more trees than many cities in the world.
6. I love the sunrise during summer.
7. The winter in Joburg is always a treat.
8. There are no thunderstorms that can compare with the skiet, skop and donner above
9. I love exploring the inner city and seeing renovations happening thanks to the
imagination of young entrepreneurs.
10. Joburg is sometimes run like a small village and even gets away with it!